Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Exactly one week left!

Today was so productive! I got a LOT of work done!

I'll start with my lab report! First of all, it's a solid 59 pages long! I didn't that was possible for me to do! (But I'm secretly extremely proud of it:)...) Millie and I finished organizing all of the information from the seed producer interviews today, so I was able to add that into my appendices! I just have to add a few more charts we made that still need to go in, but other than that the seed producer information is all done! Check that off my things to do! Also, I finalized the field map of both of my fields! They're not actual pictures. It's an excel document that shows all of the plots and their numbers. Today, I figured out all the plot numbers that contain my plants and labeled those into the maps! That actually took quite a bit of time! It required me going into Dr. Jean's office and asking for the plot numbers, so like always, I came out of her office knowing a million more things than I came in there for! (Which I love so much don't get me wrong! I adore it!)

Even though I came into her office just to ask about the plot numbers, I started asking more questions about the Canavalia plants! She told me there were way more than just 2 Canavalia accessions in Zwai! I was thinking there were only a few more, but she ended off listing off over 5 others! Also, what I found weird was all of those other accessions I didn't know about were all the same species! They have different accession numbers for testing purposes. I asked Dr. Jean why they had planted so many of the same species, and she said that a few years ago, one of the institutions they work with in Mexico was planning on doing a study on that species of Canavalia, but never ended up doing it. ILRI had those planted just for the Thesis because the plants need time to grow for at least 2 years before testing is done on them. Now that that test was never done, there are a bunch of Canavalia ensiformis just growing in the Zwai field! So if you know anyone that wants to do any testing on Canavalia ensiformis, just let me know! :)

Tomorrow I just need to finish up my Conclusion, edit my last couple sections, and then I'm done and ready to turn it in! Can't wait! :)

In all of the other time during work, Millie and I went exploring the campus! Or at least kind of... Not by choice. We had to get our Clearance sheets signed by various people, so we wandered around campus trying to scout out where to go. For most of them, I led because I think Millie doesn't like to embarrass herself for walking into the wrong place:) I would walk into a room and say I needed such and such signed for clearance, and they would tell me: "you're in the wrong place. Go in this direction, turn left, walk 20.5 paces, walk into this building, down the hall and 2 doors down on your right. Got it?" Uhh...... sure....... Try to follow directions, and end up walking in the wrong room again, but only off by one room or so! It was so confusing! I honestly haven't ever been in half of the building I had to go in today for signatures! Thankfully though, Millie and I got all the signatures before the end of the work day ended! Woo! Now we just have to turn them into Tigist tomorrow morning so she can file for our last paychecks!

Tomorrow Millie and I plan on starting putting together our powerpoint for our seminar on Friday! It's already set! 3:00 PM Friday afternoon! :) We still have to come up with a name for it. My idea was: "Millie and Kayla's Adventure with Plants and in the Fields," but Millie wasn't a fan... I thought it was good... :)(Totally kidding. We joked about that earlier.)

For lunch today, I got Durham cutlet and macaroni noodles with a garlic sauce on top And a side of mashed potatoes! Can't beat that! Yumm!!!

Delicious!
For dinner, Millie and I went to the Zebu again. Still not feeling like cooking... We ordered a hamburger, fries, and farmer's salad to share. We literally share everything! Even drinks sometimes! :) The burgers here are very strange though. There's so much bread! The top bun was over an inch thick!

Very good hamburger! Just a lot of bread!

Just as good as last night!
While we were waiting for Tigist to get to her office this morning, I noticed this really neat plant! It reminds me of the girly camo pattern... I don't know. Call me crazy maybe... I thought it was still cool for a plant to have leaves like this!

Aren't they cool?!
Just thought you all would appreciate me posting a picture other than the food I'm consuming...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment