Monday, July 28, 2014

All my serious work! :)

As promised, this post will be mainly pictures. In all of my blogs, I know it sounded very serious. It seemed like Millie and I never had any fun and only worked day and night. That's true to some degree... We did get a lot of work done and worked A LOT, but we also messed around quite a bit! :)

This was during our second weekend there when we went site seeing! After we toured the palace, Mr. Messafint thought we should stop for coffee! Millie got a great shot of me with the coffee!


During one of the nights we made our dinners, a cat walked up to Millie's door, but then left, so I tried my cat-calling skills to get it back. It didn't work...


We take working in the lab very seriously. Especially when I'm mixing up a chemical that burns your skin.



When we were at Andreas' house for the barbecue, Millie kept taking pictures, so I decided to pose with my best model faces. I thought they were all pretty good:)



During our lunch of tibbs in Debre Zeit, I one day, I didn't think she actually got my face in the picture... I was wrong...


Let's just say I was really amazed by how small the seeds were and had no idea how I was going to plant them without losing them all out of my hand at once...


And here's another shot of us working very seriously and safely with toxic chemicals! (There's always time for selfies right?)

I was so excited to try the burgers Andreas had brought us! (As I'm sure you can see by my facial expression)


Does this tree look big? I think it looks big...


We were so excited to finally be in Soddo!



We were just about to leave the house in Soddo and Millie was taking pictures of the room, so I tried my best to get out of the way. In all honesty, I had no idea she took a picture of me! I thought I blended into the wall pretty well though!


I was just so excited to have bananas! And we were really close to each other in the back of the truck...


I absolutely had to do this pose. Edwin did this in front of the elevator in the hotel that we went to the top of to see the view of Addis. I couldn't resist when I finally got the opportunity. I had to poke a little fun...


This is one of Millie's favorites because it looks like I have a mustache?


Just casually posing while Teklu and the seed producer walk right by me coming out of the field...

Millie cracked up when she actually looked at this picture later because of the little boy in the background just staring at us like we were crazy...


I felt the need to do this after discovering seed pods... Victory!!!


While waiting to teach Tekla how I hand pollinated the flowers, Millie and I had a long time to just wander around the Zwai field, and I found my walking stick!


Millie told me she would take some of my senior pictures for me, so I gave her one of my best poses!


This was one of those times again I had no idea she was taking pictures...


Let's just say I got my inspiration from Mike...


Uhh... I was trying to take a picture of the mountains in the background and as Millie walked by me this happened instead... :)


This tiny tree in Soddo was just too cute and short not to take a picture with! I feel I might have been slightly more excited about it than Millie...



We were waiting for coffee one day, and somehow Teklu got stuck with the shortest seat!


This was when we were getting our pictures taken with Tigist to send to Lisa under the "Working with Colleagues" section, but right in the middle of it, Tigist got a few phone calls and had some things we needed to do. For the bottom one, I didn't know Tigist was right there...



As I keep saying, this internship has truly been amazing, and I know I will be talking about it for the rest of my life. I enjoyed every minute of it, and as you can see, Millie and I made sure to enjoy ourselves every now and then:) That's just a handful of our "interesting" pictures. If you want to see more, just talk to me, comment on this, or send me and email or anything!



I have made so many memories here, and I never will forget them. I couldn't have asked for a better internship site. This has been truly amazing for me, and I can't believe it's over... My last day is tomorrow, and then my plane leaves at 10:40 pm. It will definitely be tough to say good-bye to everyone I've worked with and met during my time here. I will truly miss them all so much. They have helped me out, driven me places, made me feel welcome, supported everything I did here, asked about myself, made sure my 4th of July was something I will remember, and so much more. I will never be able to thank them enough.

Since today was my day off, Millie and I made sure to do all of the things we wanted to do that we will miss here! We made sure to have tibbs in case we don't have time to get them after work tomorrow, ate samosas with Tigist and her daughter, tried to get juice and Bilo's, but they didn't have any, and so much more! I also went on an hour or so walk around the campus just to take my last few looks of it because I know I won't have time to do it tomorrow!

Tomorrow Millie and I have to bind our reports. We got them printed out today, so we just have to put the binding and covers on them and then they're done! Then we have to go to the bank and get our paychecks. Lastly, (and what I really don't want to do because it's going to be sad) we have to say good-bye to everyone. We have our Monday Morning Meeting tomorrow since we didn't have work today because of the holiday, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get a group picture with everyone! I just can't believe it's been 8 weeks and it's time for me to head home. Wish me luck on my travels back! Thanks for all the support during my entire time here!

No comments:

Post a Comment